Total Pageviews

Friday, March 11, 2011

Tsunami in Japan

Last night I was at Ernies working on some tunes to get ready for a Sunday afternoon country jam, so I was out for the second time in two nights.  I got home quite late and like usual, I always need to wind down before being able to sleep.  So I do what I usually do, I turned on the TV.   What I saw was an absolute horrifying scene.  I was watching the tsunami in Japan happening live.   The scene was being filmed from a helicopter and a wall of water was rolling across the land and washing away buildings, homes, farms, vehicles, and who knows what.   You could see cars, trucks, and buses racing down highway, some actually driving into where the tsunami was headed, only to be washed away by this wall of water.  

Of course, instantly, I had that flashback to the tsunami that raced across the Indian ocean a few years back, but the images that came out then were mostly videos taken by tourists.  Chances are there were far more deaths in that tsunami than this one, but the experience of watching a tsunami live on TV is an incredible sight.   You can really see and appreciate the power of nature.  

We should all take time out of our day and give our thoughts to all those in Japan who have lost their lives and to those who are affected by this unbelievable disaster.  

Now, I just want to say this.   I came home from work this afternoon, and I wanted to get the latest news on the disaster.  So I turned on the TV and tuned to CNN.  Typical of CNN, all they talked about was Americans caught in the disaster.  Nothing about the Japanese.   The more I watch CNN, I just think "what a crappy news channel".  So I switched to BBC, which is the station on which I watched this amazing spectacle happen.

Lets give the Japanese our thoughts and our prayers.

No comments: