Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Finally - Another Song Finished

I've got a whole number of song that I've been fooling around with that I wasn't getting anywhere with any of them.   Decided today that I'd focus on one and get it done.  The song about the noon train - see entry "songs from dreams" got partly done and I'm stuck on where to take it to make it interesting.  I've save that one for a rainy day. 

Last night I started playing around on my banjo with a little thing.  that sounded OK, but it didn't lead to anything - yet.   I then started fooling around with a jazzy bluesy thing on guitar that I really like,  and I may come back to that when something inspires me that fits the music. 

So, this morning I was still going nowhere and I picked up my guitar and started noodling around.  This little piece of music started to evolve that finally got me going.  I had fooled around yesterday with some lyrics in an email to Don and Brian and without any thought about where it might go.  Well guess what - those few lyrics and the noodling on the guitar this morning led to a song that I've called "Barely Hangin On" 

1st verse

When I woke up today, in this little dirty town
I looked outside, the sun was going down
As darkness settled down, in this quiet town
And silence, and the street light just came on
and I feel like I'm barely hangin' on. 

Well, the song is now complete.   So for the record, that's number 5 for the year.  15 more to go to reach my goal.

No comments: