Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bayou and gators

Late last night, or more correctly, early this morning, I was watching an obscure music program on PBS.  Can't remember the name of the show, but they had some musicians from Louisiana playing zydeco and Cajun music.  To really play that music, I think you have to live it.  To many of those folks, the music is in their blood.  Same way that Celtic music is in the blood of the Scots and Irish.

So, I was inspired.  I picked up my guitar and started playing around with what I thought is a Cajun type of rhythm beat.  Whether it is or not doesn't matter.  It resulted in a new song, that for now I called "Gator's in the Wadder". 

1st verse
Daddy's got a hound dog
Billy's got a bull frog
Goin fishin when they can
Momma's in the kitchen
cookin' up the fixins
catfish fryin' in the pan

I still have a lot of work to do on presentation of the song.  got to work on the vocals and musicality of the song, but the song is written. 

Another one to add to my list of songs for the year.

No comments: